Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Why am I doing this?

I've been told by several people that most of the responses from Craigslist, Backpage, and other online personal sites are taking advantage of people who are looking for a date and have placed an ad online. The most common type of scam is the dating site scam that I already mentioned. Other scams include verification sites to prove that you are not a "sexual predator" or other "sicko". They indicate that it is free for these services but in reality, it is only free for the first 30 days and most dating sites are rip-offs in the first place. You can set up a free profile on a dating site but to communicate to someone or answer a reply to another member you have to commit to a recurring billing of something like $9.95/month. In reality the person who responded to your profile isn't interested in you, they are getting paid to get you to join the dating site and after you join and respond to them, you will never hear from them again. I think it is wrong what people do on Craigslist and other sites as well as dating sites. In my opinion dating sites are the biggest ripoff on the Internet. Why pay something like $9.95 a month just for the chance to meet someone which adds up to nearly $120 a year which in my opinion is too much to spend on a dating site. For that money, I would have more success meeting people in person. I've heard plenty of horror stories from dating sites such as people who were married but didn't disclose this, people who are mentally unstable, and of course stalkers. Meeting someone in person is still the best bet when finding somebody. Some of the responses from Craigslist, Backpage, and other places where you can place free personal ads are hilarious and I thought I would share them with everyone here on the Internet. My friend who forwarded the email for my first entry has agreed to create another ad. Where going to play a little game. How many responses will my friend receive from his add who are spammers/scammers compared to legitimate responses. He has used Craigslist for quite a while but has only had one genuine response from a woman. This time we are going to test how many people are real versus all the scammers and spammers and I will publish the fake responses here in my blog. You will need to check back often as I guarantee there will be some really crazy responses. I will inform you if my friend gets any legitimate responses but these responses won't be shared. He will post it later tonight and forward all the fake responses that he gets and give me information on his success at finding a real person who is interested in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment